2.15.2010

RURAL GIRL

I've always hated living in a rural place away from the big city. I find it boring and even depressing at times. I'd say that wintertime is the worst; grey background with either salt-stained asphalt and naked branches everywhere or entire streets covered in snow.
But lately, I am growing to appreciate the desolate and quiet atmosphere. Ever since I moved downtown (with other factors combined), I haven't been feeling at peace with things. My mind constantly races like the city streets, my mind never rests like the city lights.

Everytime I come back to my parents' place in my hometown, I realize how much more relaxed and calm I feel. I really hope that I'll be able to find this kind of peace when I return to my place, where my heart is really at.

xo Jen

2 comments: